3DCoat Forums

Texture Quality On Mesh

bobzilla

• Advanced Member

I've attached two pics to show the problem.

In the first one, you can see the texture I'm trying to use. And, in the second, you can see the results.

My mesh is at 2 million polies and I THINK I was at 4096 for texture size, but I may have been at 2048.

Is this a memory issue? I only have two gigs of RAM. My card is a ATI Radeon X1600 with 256 VRAM.

I'm on an Intel Core Duo iMac.

Thanks!

Bob

post-650-12721552093919_thumb.jpg

post-650-12721552224849_thumb.jpg

is that the included dinosaur model or something of your own? One thing to consider is that you can still get bad results even if your UV map is not done well. Have a look at Textures > Texture UV Editor where you can see the UV map (and also paint on the 2D texture). If you're not sure if you used 2048 or 4096 you can check in the Edit > Mesh & Texture Resolution. Hopefully that helps, it should at least be a start.

• Advanced Member

Thanks. No, it's one of my own.

The program seems to have so many things hidden away, it's hard to find them all.

The dino was created in Cinema 4D as was the UV map. It's not a great map (made a few years ago), but that section is pretty straight forward. No seams and no distortin.

I'll just keep playing.

BTW Is it better to have more polies or higher texture res when working in 3DCoat to get the best results?

Bob