3DCoat Forums

Bump with Black as Zero

John

• Reputable Contributor

I'm not sure of your workflow as to how you imported or merged your model so here is one way...

If you mean by bump map, displacement map use the texture baking tool under the textures menu at the top in the paint room... Choose Zero level is black, not normalized or normalized depending upon your rendering software...

post-518-12734221426074_thumb.jpg

I'm not sure of your workflow as to how you imported or merged your model so here is one way...

If you mean by bump map, displacement map use the texture baking tool under the textures menu at the top in the paint room... Choose Zero level is black, not normalized or normalized depending upon your rendering software...

I created the vox model, retopologised it, uvmapped it. That gave me a pretty flat mesh, shich when I painted in the per pixel rool I added some depth with a leather texture I had created.

Exporting the model from the file menu exports me a Bump map, but it seems to have a mid level grey as Zero, I need it to be black.

I did wonder whether useing the displacement options would prodice me a map I could use as a Bump, but I'm not sure, I will experiment :)

John.