3DCoat Forums

My Stuff

Robert G

Hello All,

Its about time for me to get a bit more serious with 3DC.

To get me going I purchased one of LJB’s tutorials; I must say its very enjoyable and usefull, I can highly recommended his work to everyone.

Anyhow,… I started this tread as a help for myself to keep going and above all, to receive some useful thoughts from you guys.

I made the first rough base-model with curve’s, its very rudimentary as you can see; only some smoothing is applied after the curves.

Please have a look at this turntable movie and tell me what you think.

Thanks a lot in advance,

All the best, Robert

• Advanced Member

That looks pretty good as base to me. An interesting creature. I see the front 2 sets of feet have longer toes and a larger opposing digits, like this creature may sit up and use them for some sort of dexterous activity perhaps.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey thanks a lot for the comments Polygoon,

Yes youre right about the toes; it seems to open up different possibilities, at the same time its giving me headache since Im still not sure about the right form and scale of them.

I had some strange crashes related to my video-card; so I could not continue until now, but now Im in business again and I will continue working on this guy.

Thanks a again.

Robert

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello all,

This guy is going to be my hero for a while, hes intended to be on a t-shirt and in a game that Im planning to make in Unity.

This is just the basic shape, I need to add detail as you can see and especially on the feet.

I would be glad to hear your objections and approvals!

Thank you for watching, Robert

master1.jpg

master2.jpg

• Contributor

Hello all,

This guy is going to be my hero for a while, hes intended to be on a t-shirt and in a game that Im planning to make in Unity.

This is just the basic shape, I need to add detail as you can see and especially on the feet.

I would be glad to hear your objections and approvals!

Thank you for watching, Robert

master1.jpg

master2.jpg

I like him so far. My only objection is that he looks like me, except I have a beard and thinner lips. ;)

Keep up the good work. :)

Greg