3DCoat Forums

3.10 autoretopo crashes

• Reputable Contributor

I get a crash when I tried autoretopo on one of my low poly characters. here is the crash report

Joe

Could you do a video screen capture of it? I am thinking it is an out of memory type crash. I have had a few hangs (where it just takes an indefinite period and appears to go nowhere), but if I keep the default settings and don't apply too many guides, then it usually works OK.

Could you do a video screen capture of it? I am thinking it is an out of memory type crash. I have had a few hangs (where it just takes an indefinite period and appears to go nowhere), but if I keep the default settings and don't apply too many guides, then it usually works OK.

the above report is a screen capture of what I get. not sure what else you needing as theres nothing else to see but the program window in the background. I am attaching the file I am getting this on. its only like 20k polys and seems pretty clean to me so maybe its my model or something else I just want to check all avenues here in case its just the model. maybe someone can test it as I really want to get her down to like 6k polys with even weight over the whole model where right now its faceheavy.

Joe

female1.rar

• Reputable Contributor

the above report is a screen capture of what I get. not sure what else you needing as theres nothing else to see but the program window in the background. I am attaching the file I am getting this on. its only like 20k polys and seems pretty clean to me so maybe its my model or something else I just want to check all avenues here in case its just the model. maybe someone can test it as I really want to get her down to like 6k polys with even weight over the whole model where right now its faceheavy.

Joe

What I meant was trying to repeat the issue while getting it on a video screen capture. It is extremely helpful, anytime you can do that. It can often help Andrew spot the problem much more quickly...and the faster he can resolve the bugs, the more issues he can address, and/or features he can add. If he has to try to do all the detective work by himself, it can take much longer and he often times may not be able to reproduce the issue on his end.

AHH well dont think it would help much I just select the mesh for auto retopo and bam screen blacks out and pops that error.

PS is it just me or has the forum and site been down a lot this weekend. I havent been able to acess the site all day same thing yest

Joe