3DCoat Forums

Question on what feature to use for Filigree Wristbands

proflooney

Guys I am wanting to make some filigree type wristbands which would be basically made from wire. I have no real idea abt voxel thing other than the rough one I get from the video explaining it. I am thinking that I need to use voxels to make what I need. the other question is would I bring my model in for a base, then add a layer and draw them on another layer? I want them as a seperate part.

the last question is I am assuming once finished I can export them as OBJ files?

thanks

Joe

Guys I am wanting to make some filigree type wristbands which would be basically made from wire. I have no real idea abt voxel thing other than the rough one I get from the video explaining it. I am thinking that I need to use voxels to make what I need. the other question is would I bring my model in for a base, then add a layer and draw them on another layer? I want them as a seperate part.

the last question is I am assuming once finished I can export them as OBJ files?

I've never heard of that type of jewelry before, I had to look it up. Yes voxels would be good for this. Especially the Curves tool would be very good for it. Yes it should be done on a separate layer to keep the objects separate. One idea could be too use the Curves tool to lay the design out flat, then use the Wrap tool to bend it around. And yes use File > Export to save it out as a LWO or OBJ. you will even get decimation options when exporting.

You might like to read my tire tread tutorial that is stickied at the top of the tutorials section of the forum. It goes through the wrap tool and exporting.

I've never heard of that type of jewelry before, I had to look it up. Yes voxels would be good for this. Especially the Curves tool would be very good for it. Yes it should be done on a separate layer to keep the objects separate. One idea could be too use the Curves tool to lay the design out flat, then use the Wrap tool to bend it around. And yes use File > Export to save it out as a LWO or OBJ. you will even get decimation options when exporting.

You might like to read my tire tread tutorial that is stickied at the top of the tutorials section of the forum. It goes through the wrap tool and exporting.

thanks phil flat then wrap would be very helpful as I assume I can get the pattern all drawn out in say photoshop and bring it in as a pattern to use to make the design. I have never used anything but the retopo tool so I have to read up on voxel sculpting, but it sounded like the tool I was looking for.

Joe