3DCoat Forums

Found The Island But...

ekunzendorf

Thanks to Tony, I went back and realized that I hadn't clicked the reverse symmetry direction checkbox and clicked the symmetry button in the Retopo groups window. And it WORKED!! And there was great rejoicing. Then I unwrapped and updated the islands and got the image below in the UV preview. Note that all the islands are in the upper left and a diagonal line runs across the UV preview window as shown in the attached image. Anyone have any ideas?

Excelsior!

Eric Kunzendorf

post-3125-12826117843806_thumb.jpg

I'm guessing that one line is actually a really long giant polygon and the app tried to keep everything in scale so that's why the others are so small. select it and see if it appears anywhere on the model (it's edges will be dark blue colored).

Bingo!

That got it. There was actually a long thin polygon attached to the thumb of the hand that I had imported as an obj. Now, here is the REAL question. Does anyone know what caused it to begin with? And does this happen often with imported obj files? I checked the mesh in Maya, and while it was opened at the wrist, there seemed to be no lamina or stray polys. I did notice there was one slightly overlapping UV, but that is all.

Any ideas?

Excelsior!

Eric Kunzendorf

Jacksonville University