3DCoat Forums

Green clay material fun

Greg

• Contributor

I'm not much for making space aliens or monsters, but started playing around with the green material and really liked it! :D

Edit: Just saw where I got the idea to make a monster and try the green material - in Garagarape sketchbook! Not intentional by any means. :(

post-2799-1288914676915_thumb.jpg

• Advanced Member

that's excellent.well done.

nice painterly quality to the color,almost looks like it's been rendered in acrylics.

I haven't got round to painting any models yet in 3d coat,still figuring out how it all works.

but this piece has certainly inspired me. nice one. :)

• Contributor

that's excellent.well done.

nice painterly quality to the color,almost looks like it's been rendered in acrylics.

I haven't got round to painting any models yet in 3d coat,still figuring out how it all works.

but this piece has certainly inspired me. nice one. :)

Thank you and good to hear! :) This is just a material from the shaders in the voxel room I was trying out and really liked! The material is called PicMat_Hulk. Great name for it. It's amazing how different a sculpt looks depending on the material you use. :)

Guess this isn't really a work in progress because I doubt I'll do retopology and paint it, but you never know. :) Again, thanks for looking!

Greg

• Advanced Member

I say it's worth retopologizing and exporting out to a 3d program and animating it. :) (that's what I'd do anyway)

I think it looks really cool,I like the painted feel,it's a cool style.

You could model out different morph targets in 3D Coat too for the facial animation.

I'm gonna try out that material on my models now,that's well cool. :)

btw,my 8 year old son just saw your pic and said that's amazing!

• Contributor

I did mess with the expression a little today, then threw it into Photoshop for some background 'eye' candy (thx to Blur's 'Good' brush set).

But I'm calling this one done.

This green material does make me want to start on another sculpt though... I'm going to try my hand at Herman Munster! lol

P.S. Tell your son 'thanks!' for me. :D

post-2799-12889982510955_thumb.jpg

• Advanced Member

cute expression.

very funny.

I can see the potential of creating numerous morph targets of facial expressions using 3D Coat,then exporting these out to Lightwave 3D (my animation software of choice)

for animation.

The sculpting tools shoould make creating different expressions a breeze.

i will tell my son in the morning, he is a big fan of 3D art,especially alien creatures :)

• Contributor

@ Garagarape Thanks lol - He is a strange mix indeed! You were my subconscious inspiration for starting this!

@Sandro I'm a lightwave user too. :) But, nope, this one is history. :D

Thanks for looking guys! Comments are appreciated.

Greg