3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Opacity map

UGeO

Hi to all,

My first post here. I bought 3DBrush two days ago and I'm having lots of fun with it. That's what counts (too), isn't it?

I'd like to thank Andrew for this awesome piece of software, and the community for making it even better thanks to its input.

Got a feature in mind: the ability to draw opacity maps. Not sure if this comes in handy for a lot of people, but I think that it would be nice to make appear underlying geometry.

For example.. A model of a jacket with an underlying piece of geometry meant to be a pullover or t-shirt.. When being able to draw opacity maps for the jacket, it would be easy to quickly make a number of variations of the same model. Ideal for crowd scenes.. the way how individual characters wear their jacket slightly different (open/half-open/closed).

This is ofcourse wherefor I could use it, but I guess that opacity maps come in handy for other reasons too.

Anyway, I still can draw my oppacity maps in an external program, but any wysiwyg approach in 3DBrush concerning opacity would be very nice.

Cheers,

UGeO