3DCoat Forums

Help creating straight line

zippitt

What is the easiest way to creat a straight line across an object? The object is the shape of a rectangle and I want the stripe to wrap around the width.

I have tried using the line tool on the brush and the spline tool. The line tool requries multiple clicks to get around the whole object resulting in a less than straight line.

THe spline tool work would great, but I cannot seem to find any easy to make sure all the points are lined up and I cannot manage to keep each points radius size consistant. The radius fluctates between each point even with the radius locked.

Thanks for the tip, it did help me get to the solution I wanted although it was still a little bit difficult. The technique works great for two points but any more than that you will have to still manually line up things up in orthogonal view.

Holding down the mouse button and then shift clicking seems counter intuitive being that most other programs you can shift multi-click for multiple straight lines, but that is more for Andrew, just venting here.

What I do is turn on the Grid 2D Mode under the View menu, then scale the grid up very big so you only see a few lines, then you can rotate it and place it where you like. With Snap To Grid on the curves will stay snapped to the line as lone as you stay somewhat close to it.