3DCoat Forums

Painting; Fill Patterns

HevJudo

Hi

Thanks to geothefaust's recent video on the 3dcoat and messiah applink he inadvertantly opened up a whole world of painting possibilities to me. The main tool that I learnt about was the 'fill' tool and some of the options available to it. I had been spending my time importing in my photoshop brushes and painting as if I was in photoshop, not realising the power of some of the tools available to me..

Question 1:

Are there other fill patterns available? What is the best way to find them, and if none are available, what is the best way to make them? ie. in photoshop, image x pixels b y pixels etc etc..

Question 2:

In photoshop there are a wealth of tutorials (obviously) devoted to digital painting.. I havent been able to find much in the way of 3D coats painting tools. Are there any project based painting / texturing tutorials, or any tutorials that shows how each of the painting tools work??

Regards

Andrew

• Reputable Contributor

Hi

Thanks to geothefaust's recent video on the 3dcoat and messiah applink he inadvertantly opened up a whole world of painting possibilities to me. The main tool that I learnt about was the 'fill' tool and some of the options available to it. I had been spending my time importing in my photoshop brushes and painting as if I was in photoshop, not realising the power of some of the tools available to me..

Question 1:

Are there other fill patterns available? What is the best way to find them, and if none are available, what is the best way to make them? ie. in photoshop, image x pixels b y pixels etc etc..

Question 2:

In photoshop there are a wealth of tutorials (obviously) devoted to digital painting.. I havent been able to find much in the way of 3D coats painting tools. Are there any project based painting / texturing tutorials, or any tutorials that shows how each of the painting tools work??

Regards

Andrew

In the Tutorial section, Greg has a nice little series that goes from sculpting a game character (Ghost) in Voxels to painting textures in Per Pixel Painting mode. Also, you can search on youtube for "Fugazzi3D"...he has the most that I have seen so far.