3DCoat Forums

Emegency - BSOD reinstalling operating system.. lost everything

HevJudo

Well.. last night the blue screen of death began.. maybe it was a virus, maybe it was my new pc tools installation.. but whatever it is my computer doesnt work. Its going to the shop today for a new operating system installation as it looks like i have lost everything. Thank goodness I had backed up most of my stuff.. except..

How do I get a fresh copy of 3d coat? Should I write to thye pilgway team?.. I wrote to them before advising I had changed my details and never got a response back. Im worried that I wont hear from them again.. Any tips?

All the best

andrew

• Reputable Contributor

Well.. last night the blue screen of death began.. maybe it was a virus, maybe it was my new pc tools installation.. but whatever it is my computer doesnt work. Its going to the shop today for a new operating system installation as it looks like i have lost everything. Thank goodness I had backed up most of my stuff.. except..

How do I get a fresh copy of 3d coat? Should I write to thye pilgway team?.. I wrote to them before advising I had changed my details and never got a response back. Im worried that I wont hear from them again.. Any tips?

All the best

andrew

Just go to the 3.5 updates thread (1st page) and download the latest build and re-install. If you're on a trial, it will just reset to a new 30days. If you have a license, you'll just enter the serial again. No problem.

Just go to the 3.5 updates thread (1st page) and download the latest build and re-install. If you're on a trial, it will just reset to a new 30days. If you have a license, you'll just enter the serial again. No problem.

Thanks for the quick response AbnRanger.. One more thing, will the seriel be automatic??. I wouldnt know where to start to find it (if I have it) on my external drives..

Thanks again

Andrew

• Reputable Contributor

Thanks for the quick response AbnRanger.. One more thing, will the seriel be automatic??. I wouldnt know where to start to find it (if I have it) on my external drives..

Thanks again

Andrew

Assuming it is not the 30 day trial, then you should have gotten an e-mail with the serial. If you have to format your main HD and install a fresh OS then, you will have to install serials on everything you re-install. But if you have a backup, then you should be able to restore your system with the backup image. In that case, no re-install should be needed. If you are sending your system to a shop, have them restore it for you.