3DCoat Forums

3D Coat freezes when Rendering

Nabeel Aejaz

I am using 3DCoat 3.519A SIMP 32bit Win with both DX and GL. Whenever I press Render (even to render both single frame or 360 frames) the rendering process freezes at Rays 320. Esc button doesn't seem to work. I have to force exit 3DCoat with Ctrl+Alt+Del. I have used both DX and GL version, both same issue. I am rendering the default meshes that come with 3DCoat.

I have Win 7, 2GB Ram, I am using ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500. Every other software seems to work fine. I suspect I am doing something wrong in my part. Kindly help what am I doing wrong. Thanks.

Hi. I am just using the default settings, I had just installed the software earlier. I suspect it has something to do with win7 or antivirus (I am using Microsoft Security Essentials) or something, as the whole window freezes and I am not able to minimize or close the window even.

screenzj.jpg

By changing both default size and "render frame sequence: nothing happened as such to stop rendering as it goes on to render the frames.

But by just changing the Render Size, something weird I see, It goes on to render upto Rays 210 (with both 32 but checked and unchecked), then restarts and does this 4-5 times and then exits by itself.