3DCoat Forums

redid my seahorse

Promethias

I just downloaded Sculptris 6 and tried bringing a model i started in 3dcoat to add a bit more detail.I did this one last month ,I brought it into scupltris and added some detail and then brought it back to 3d coat for painting.Scupltris handled it pretty well,alot better then it used to for sure..3d coat is my favorite for painting though and modeling.

post-6425-0-23388000-1309559893_thumb.jp

post-6425-0-99124700-1309559895_thumb.jp

• Advanced Member

Great seahorse.

So started in 3dc voxels? Did you exported directly from voxroom + decimating?

Noticed anything weird on 3dc tri mesh?

If this is the case, in sculptris, subdivide once and reduce a few times so sc can remesh it. If not, you may experience Sc crashing and even OS crashing. I was a beta tester and happened to me a few times. Probably a Sc hidden bug, related with more than 24 edges on vertices

what i did was drew the object in voxel mode then retropolgized it and exported it to sculptris,IN sculptris I did my editing then set it up for paint(auto uv map) and then brought it back into 3d coat to paint. I did try this with my bird wyvern i did a few posts back and i did have the 24 vertices problem on him.i wasnt sure what it was if he was to big of a object or what. The old scupltris would not import obj.'s with square edges,it always crashed.I did draw a few square object items and brought them into scupltis fine. The seahorse was 2.4 million polygons which is high i was starting to crash the program.I kind was doing it all out to test the max i could do it scupltris without crashing. One other cool thing i found out and i dont know if it is a huge thing but it cool.I drew a head in 3d coat brought it into scupltris and made the eyes in scupltris and they where a seperate object and when i brought them into 3dcoat when i used fill on them it filled just the eye object. I thought this was cool,I seem to be doing something wrong when i try this in 3d coat and uv them seperate i sometimes have stretched polygons going into directions i did put them. I Love 3d coat and have only had it for 3 months now but love the voxel room, I like the pinch brush in 3d coat but for some reason it does not get the same effect scupltris pinch brush and crease brush do. So i was experimenting with this to see if it worked and it does sometimes...I will continue to experiment and try to find out what the limit is on importing the objects.

• Advanced Member

Crease brush in sculptris is a legend. I mean this. Lot of possible uses, lot of parameters.

You possibly don't need to retopo a voxel mesh so to drop it in sculptris. Just remember the issue I mentioned. Just export it under right click vox layers palette. /Export scene/. Use decimation parameters to have ~ 50-100 K tris. Subdivide and reduce right away in sculptris. A warning LOL.

To auto UV in sculptris is easy but please, do this manually in 3dcoat, excellent results. Edit stretching in UV 3dc editor. It's rather important.

Voxels or sculptris dynamic tessellation? A question. It's the Sc superior sculpting tools that make this answer easy.