3DCoat Forums

Easy question? Overspray in per-pixel painting.

Chloe99

Here I am airbrushing per-pixel paint on in 3DC. I am painting skin color on a girl's arm, but note the skin color seems to go through the arm and land on the purple dress. I'm not overspraying around the arm, rather the paint is somehow going through the arm. In fact when I try to reapply purple to the dress, some of that seems to somehow project off the dress and back through the arm. Any ideas?

post-6850-0-21141400-1315601415_thumb.jp

• Advanced Member

Yes, I have had this happen some times on certain objects like this. The best way I have found to avoid this is to go to the UV room select the Islands/ polygons that I intend to paint, (arm polygons for you) select "hide" then "Inv Hidden". Go back to paint room, then only the polygons you have selected will be able to be painted on (in your case would be arm). Once painted selected "Unhide All" in the hide tab of the paint room or go back to UV rm. and select "Unhide All". and then the rest of your model will then be paint able.You may also be able to freeze the areas on the dress under the arm to stop any paint going on them.