3DCoat Forums

Mirror snapping broken 3.7.0.5

• Advanced Member

Mirror snapping in the Retopo room is broken in 3.7.0.5. The tolerance value doesn't weld points together if they lay on the other side of the symmetry plane. In older versions you could translate the points beyond the symmetry plane and the points would still be welded in accordance with the threshold value.

AJ

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am using the most current version of 3DCoat as of today firstly. Second the problem I am having is when working with the topology tools I cannot find any setting to change the distance of the symmetrical snap region. I am working on some fine details near the symmetrical plane and there's a good chunk of space that I cannot access because as soon as I enable symmetry tons of vertices all collapse into the middle edge. Is there a simple setting that I am too blind to see that let's me change the range of the symmetrical snapping of vertices? Or do I have to do all of those edits without symmetry enabled after applying symmetry to my mesh?

I cannot reproduce your problem - I can move vertices extremely close to the axis of symmetry without any difficulty (symmetry enabled on X).

To better see what you are talking about, could you please make a video of the process you are using (you can use free Jing and free Screencast accounts)? Just post a URL to the video and we will have a look.

Greg Smith