3DCoat Forums

black model in paint room (ALWAYS!)

ozukaru

• Advanced Member

Im not new to 3d-coat I know the proces from modeling voxels to finally get the low-poly model in the paint room (retopo+uv in between).

But it seem things work different in 3.7 versions (beta included) im not being able to get the model in a good state, it is always black and strangely the voxel model is there too, I think this last thing is related to a new feature but what about the black model?

This is hapening even with AUTOPO and with diferent 3d-coat versions not ontly different betas but with or without cuda support too..

I need some help here, thanks. If it is necesary I could record a video to show how it fails.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Do you have the "use names correspondence for baking" option ticked in the retopo room? I spent the better part of a day trying to figure out why I was getting black models baked over to the paint room and that was why (my retopo mesh name didn't match my voxel layer name)

• Contributor

One time I thought I ended up with a black model in the paint room, but actually it just looked black because my ambient light and my primary light were just turned down very low. Once I turned those lights up everything was fine. Maybe that is the same problem you are having?