3DCoat Forums

Recommended systems spec's - where to find?

Polygoon

• Advanced Member

As the title says, what are the recommended minimum system specs. I can't find anywhere this info. Is my computer and graphics card any good?

Many of the bugs / problems I have posted about seem to go by the way side & nothing happens about them, or even a comment or anything. Except ABN and he's gone now. diggman always tries to help out when he can too but. Is it because my specs are no good and not what the mainstream uses have & not professional industry. If so where does this leave the average Jo user? Why do I have problems no one else seems to have all the time? I buy tutorials (thanks Geo) and follow what is done & don't think I'm doing anything that different!

I just want to know whats going on!

• Reputable Contributor

Sorry to hear of your troubles.

I been out of the picture for while due to medical stuff. My system specs is less than yours, a dual core running on Linux.

I have to sculpt smart which has taught me many things. In the long run I'm glad I did not start using 3DCoat with a mega-machine. I do plan on upgrading this year, last year got toasted because of medical stuff.

You can PM me a brief list of your problems if you want to...

• Advanced Member

I would like to know what kind of problems you are stumbling up upon, my system specs are really really poor but I found some workarounds to get some nice improvement in speed..

• Advanced Member

Sorry guy's. It was my fault. I'm an idiot! The mesh I was importing was at fault. I misunderstood about having to have the mesh closed. Whilst my mesh was closed, it was made up of mesh's that were not. It is difficult to explain, but basically I had open edges within the mesh that were causing the artifacts, though it was not exploded.

Here is a picture from within the mesh to hopefully better explain. The red polygons indicate the problem area.

inmesh.jpg