3DCoat Forums

3.7.09 CUDA Smoothing creates holes in voxel mode

• Contributor

The image says it all. I loaded up the work from yesterday and now the Smooth tool or the Shift smoothing creates transpaernt patches or holes in the model. Presumably, this can be rectified by the deletion of options.xml or perhaps all xmls and reinstalling the beta. post-1430-0-39217100-1334682739_thumb.pn

Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

• Contributor

I was setting up a side view so you could see that there was nothing "thin" when 3DC crashed (I sent the bug report). The holes reveal the two channels I inadvertantly drilled through the model when I trimmed the eye openings.post-1430-0-19262400-1334687413_thumb.pn

• Advanced Member

I also had this problem a couple of times.. my trick was to duplicate the model in the voxtree and delete the old one.. somehow I seem to have less errors this way.. what I think is going on is that its rebuilding the model internally.

• Contributor

I'm a little fuzzy on that technique, do I use the Copy tool or the Clone tool? Edit: I used the Clone tool and it copied to a new volume but erased the shader (to flat black). I restored the shader and had a stab at smoothing (Clay + Shift} only to see the same behavior. :o