3DCoat Forums

Exporting to PSD

philnolan3d

This is actually the first time I've attempted to play with the color and there's something I'd like to do in Photoshop. As I understand it you can save to a PSD file, do whatever work in photoshop, then save the file and it gets updated in 3dC. Is that correct? How does one go about it? The manual is kind of vague in this area.

• Reputable Contributor

To invoke photoshop press the control key + p key. That will open all your 3DC layers into photoshop layers. You can add more layers in photoshop and they will be added to your 3DC layers upon saving. In photoshop press the control key and the "s" to save your work. You can simply now return to 3DC without closing photoshop.3DC will update itself with any new layers and your saved work from photoshop.

Press control+Alt+p and that will open a projection image of your current view in 3DC.Follow the same procedure as above.

3DC and photoshop work very well together.

P.S. photoshop is chosen as your default external editor in 3DC.It is under the options menu.If you have changed it by mistake,you would need to browse to the photoshop.exe and reselect it.

• Reputable Contributor

I corrected my error above , it's the control + alt + p key for opening a projection view in photoshop.My mind knew the right key but my fingers typed the shift key.Oh well, I guess being born in the early 1950's means I'm getting a little long in the tooth. Sorry for the mistake.

I corrected my error above , it's the control + alt + p key for opening a projection view in photoshop.My mind knew the right key but my fingers typed the shift key.Oh well, I guess being born in the early 1950's means I'm getting a little long in the tooth. Sorry for the mistake.

No problem, I'll just have to look to see what that feature does. lol I do that all the time and I was born in the late 70's. :P