3DCoat Forums

Unwanted UV Maps

Tony Nemo

• Contributor

The image shows the 3 stabs (two goofs) at creating UVs. The two labeled camel-default are junk they interfere with using the one labeled camel that I wish to use by causing unsightly artifacts in unpredictable ways. Is there a way to delete the junk? I would like away to write over previous and faulty UVs but I know of no way of doing so

.post-1430-0-56646900-1348421828_thumb.pn

post-1430-0-47118100-1348421860_thumb.pn

post-1430-0-55870900-1348421885_thumb.pnpost-1430-0-41313500-1348421910_thumb.pn

Presumably being on jury duty has caused my brain to repeatedly misfire. :(

• Reputable Contributor

It appears that you have merged your camel a few times from the retopo room without deleting the camel model from the paintroom before re-merging.

You have been adding copies of the model into the paintroom with their uv maps.

Check under the objects tab ( lower right side of the inferface next to the Blending tab)

Delete any extra objects. This will remove their associated uv maps under the texture editor.

Be sure to back up your file before doing this. Their is no undo for this operation. If you delete the wrong object, you can just reload the file.

For future work, before re-merging an object from the paint room first delete that object from the paintroom and all layers but layer "0"

Then re-merged your object. Check your uv map for errors and fix those before painting.

I am guessing at the solution. Remember giving more information on your workflow and what you have done helps in solving problems plus your current 3DCoat version.

• Like 1