3DCoat Forums

3D Coat demo discount, Training, and Licensing Questions

HeadClot88

Hey all,

My name is Ben

I am new to the 3D coat community and 3D Coat in general.

I have few questions regarding 3D coat. I currently have the Trial version however which I am using on a daily basis.

I am planning on buying the Non Commercial Version of 3D Coat for a Mod for Planetary Annihilation - Which should be out this year.

I know that in the past that there used to be a discount for downloading/Trying the demo. Correct my if I am wrong. Has this offer been retired? The reason why I ask is that I am strapped for cash at the moment. I currently have 87 USD on me for spending. Which I have saved up over the past few months. I am currently unemployed and lack a portfolio. I have some Knowledge of 3D Studio Max as well. I want to get the Non Commercial Version of 3D Coat.

Second up is training - Is there a place where I can buy or find some video training on the basics of 3D coat, Hard Surface and Organic modeling? I have found Youtube to be lacking in tutorials on 3D Coat - The Pilgway Channel is great! I just need more video tutorials on the above subjects.

Now as for licensing - I am not a big fan of Autodesk's licensing model but they are the standard which is why I use 3DS Max.

How many computers can I register 3D coat on?

Can I retrieve my license if needs be? If i Lose my email that my license is registered to can I change emails? if so how?

Also - If I get the Non Commercial Version do I get a steam key for 3D coat on Steam? Just curious.

Thank you for your time -

Benjamin Stanley

You may buy it now and get V4 upgrade for free when it will be released, January propose still active (extended to February).

The 3D Coat Youtube Channel is an offical reasource for Tutorials, New Feature Demos and more. New content is being added continually, so make sure to subscribe or check in often

3D-Coat Official YouTube Channel

:)

sure there is

http://3d-coat.com/f...showtopic=10395

the big news is LiveClay... do you know sculptris or dynamic tessellation ? same principle

v4 is at beta stage... is a WIP,

there is bug fixes... some GUI improvements...

-------------------------------

How many computers can I register 3D coat on?

you can install/uninstall the license. But only One 3DC can be opened at the same time.

The registration is online.

All the others question can be resolved mailing

support@3d-coat.com

And about 3DC Steam:

http://3d-coat.com/f...showtopic=10451

Q: How can I get my existing license onto Steam?

A: Not at the moment, but is being looked at.

you welcome :)