3DCoat Forums

Shell / Thicken Retopo

alvordr

• Advanced Member

Andrew,

Is there any way we can just add a shell or thicken to a retopo? I keep running into a problem whereby I want to retopo a thin mesh and the opposing verts keep snapping to each other in various places, making it super frustrating and near-impossible for me to retopo the thin mesh.

• Reputable Contributor

Andrew,

Is there any way we can just add a shell or thicken to a retopo? I keep running into a problem whereby I want to retopo a thin mesh and the opposing verts keep snapping to each other in various places, making it super frustrating and near-impossible for me to retopo the thin mesh.

I asked him about that not too long ago. Been waiting for this for a long, long time. That and a Dot Loop/Ring feature (selects every other ring/loop). This makes poly reduction a snap in many cases. Would be super-handy for Auto-Retopo cleanup.

Made a feature request for the Shell Modifier, here (Please add your "+1" to it, if you want to weigh in on it's importance)

http://3d-coat.com/mantis/view.php?id=1030