3DCoat Forums

3D-Coat 2.10 MacOS (Intel) release candidat

This is a release candidat of 3D-Coat 2.10 for MacOS. This version fully corresponds to release candidat for Windows.

The link is there:

www.3d-coat.com/Serega/3D-Coat-2-10-RC.dmg

Thanks for help in testing!

We plan to release 3DC next monday (25.08). The price:

120$ - Mac OS licelse

160$ - Mac+Win license

40$ - Upgrade Win->Mac

Win+Mac is slightly more expensive then Mac license because porting was done mostly by external programmer, it was not cheap.

Price will grow after 2-3 weeks after release.

Masks and material full screen previews intermittently don't display. I haven't been able to narrow down a cause but it once it happens I have to restart 3DC to get the preview back. Also when I open a .3b file the following Save command brings up the Save As dialog instead of overwriting the old file. After this the Save command works properly.

Update: Perhaps the mask and material preview issue is due to the different sales of the images, so for one mask made very small but visible renders a different mask invisible. So maybe each mask should start at their default size as the user changes between masks and materials.

Masks and material full screen previews intermittently don't display. I haven't been able to narrow down a cause but it once it happens I have to restart 3DC to get the preview back. Also when I open a .3b file the following Save command brings up the Save As dialog instead of overwriting the old file. After this the Save command works properly.

Update: Perhaps the mask and material preview issue is due to the different sales of the images, so for one mask made very small but visible renders a different mask invisible. So maybe each mask should start at their default size as the user changes between masks and materials.

There is "reset" button in materials top panel. It helps to restore masks and materials to default state.

Anyway, I vave small bug to fix - masks are transformed even if they are inactive, so sometimes scale of masks can be strange.