3DCoat Forums

UV Layouts Overlapping for Symetry

Marc Wakefield

• Advanced Member

Hi Andrew,

Just a quicky really.

Is there any way that 3D Coat can import models with a UV layout like this:

Pale.jpg

It can be really useful when creating a detailed model when you have a small texture restriction such as 512 by 512.

When ever I have tried to import a model like this, I get display errors.

Thank you very much and congrats on 2.10. It Rocks!

Did you see my latest WIP by the way? It wouldn't have been possible without your program.

Hi Andrew,

Just a quicky really.

Is there any way that 3D Coat can import models with a UV layout like this:

Pale.jpg

It can be really useful when creating a detailed model when you have a small texture restriction such as 512 by 512.

When ever I have tried to import a moel like this, I get display errors.

Thank you very much and congrats on 2.10. It Rocks!

Did you see my latest WIP by the way? It wouldn't have been possible without your program.

You can use "Keep clusters" to import such models (and set twice mesh/texture resolution). Then use "topological symmerty tool" to keep symmetrical parts equal. During export old uv-s will be used.

I am glad that 3DC is useful for you! Congratulations with successful usage!

• Advanced Member
You can use "Keep clusters" to import such models (and set twice mesh/texture resolution). Then use "topological symmerty tool" to keep symmetrical parts equal. During export old uv-s will be used.

I am glad that 3DC is useful for you! Congratulations with successful usage!

Wow, it was working without me even knowing it!

I just exported the texture and it works perfectly on the model, thanks Andrew.

I will be a devout 3D Coater for the forseeable future. :) With all of these fantastic features you keep adding I can't see me ever wanting to use anything else.

I am soooooo looking forward to the volumetric sculpting.

Other features I would love to see are a hair system and the ability to create glow maps with realtime preview within 3d Coat. (for glowing eyes, weapons, fire, etc)

I think other game content guys would love this feature too. Do you think they will be possible in an upcoming release?

All the best,

Marc

Volumetric sculpt first alpha is coming soon. The core is already done, need to grow volumetric sculpt features, improve speed, apply CUDA too speed up,....

I don't think it will be looong release :) Coming Win->Mac was more difficult. Now I can only think - has it happened?

About hairs - I plan to do it, not sure it wil be in 3.00 but it will be in 3.xx