3DCoat Forums

Draw with closed splines

Cylon

Is it possible to use regular tools with the 'draw with closed splines' tool? I want to delete/add a certain area I've drawn with that tool, but all it does is paint it green. What can I do with this? I tried googling this and got a video tutorial but it didn't answered my question :(

post-37831-0-61348300-1377446797_thumb.j

• Advanced Member

Cylon.   Press "hide all" on the reference image control box.   3DC has a bug.  It will not let you do a cutoff operation when the reference image is showing.  If you hide the reference image, you will be able to make the cut.

Edit:  Yes, you can use many of the regular brushes with the e-panel spline modes for adding material.  I think there is the same problem with the reference image being visible.  Basically the program is wrongly thinking you want to draw on the reference image (the green paint) instead of doing something with voxels.

Edited by Pix Jigsaw
  • Like 1

Cylon.   Press "hide all" on the reference image control box.   3DC has a bug.  It will not let you do a cutoff operation when the reference image is showing.  If you hide the reference image, you will be able to make the cut.

Omg thanks so much! I got so frustrated this afternoon, I knew it should work but it didn't :) Haha, glad I can ask questions on this forum. Thanks!

• Like 1