3DCoat Forums

Brush alphas seen in tutorials

ladlon

My appologies if this was asked a hundred times before, but I couldn't find any posts on this, nor any mention elsewhere.

Just wondering where to get the non-default brush alphas I'm seeing in many of the tutorials.  I've checked the downloads section of this site, plus Googled (and found one collection of brushes from a 3rd party), but couldn't seem to find the ones I've been seeing in the tutorials.  Then again, maybe I just didn't notice them or something... entirely possible.  But, I figured I'd ask anyway!

Hi.  Here's one of the vids showing a large selection of brush alphas.  I've been seeing the same (or maybe just similar) collections in many of the official tutorials, and was just curious where they could be grabbed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXbsUcZtTB4

Thanks for the links.  I think those may be the ones I already found.  The Michael Dunnam ones look good (I grabbed those already).

Granted, I guess I can create my own, too... I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on a cool, readymade collection that the tutorial guys are using.

I was wondering if they are a paid collection, or if they were made custom by the tutorial artist.

There are instructions on creating Brush Alpha in the tutorials, it is an old one. I believe there are instructions on creating them in he manual at least the older 3.x manual. In the end you can use almost small any grayscale picture that you would use as a brush in photoshop.