3DCoat Forums

Bake to per-pixel forgets spheres of influence.

Gary Dave

• Advanced Member

Me again! And I was having such a flawless day with 3d coat too!

This isn't the first time this has happened to me, but it is the first time it's happened where I can't just close down 3d coat and forget about it.

Image should be pretty self explanatory, I'm just doing the "Merge with NM (per-pixel)" from the retopo room.

post-28483-0-33323300-1392930904_thumb.j

• Advanced Member

Slight update, the issues around the ears were being caused by my inner surface poking through, as for the other bits... still not really sure, I re-did the influence spheres until it worked, basically.

One thing that does have me stumped though, and maybe this warrants a separate thread but I have two separate UV sets for this character, skin and clothes. Those are also separated by different retopo layers. I just noticed that when I changed to the clothes UV set and tried to perform a bake, it was still retaining all of the bake settings from my skin bake, which is fine of course, I'm glad it keeps it... BUT I'm guessing that if I clear the bake settings for my skin, and do a new bake for the clothes... if I then decide I want to change something on the skin and do a re-bake... there's no way to get my "skin bake" settings back?

Edit

Just tried it out, not possible by the looks of it (or at-least not that I could see). This is pretty frustrating as it means you need to be 100% sure that you'll never need to re-bake a uv-set if you decide to bake another after it.

Edited by Gary Dave

• Contributor
Edit

Just tried it out, not possible by the looks of it (or at-least not that I could see). This is pretty frustrating as it means you need to be 100% sure that you'll never need to re-bake a uv-set if you decide to bake another after it.

Make sure the new bake has a different name.

• Advanced Member

Not entirely sure what you mean?

The retopo groups were named "clothes" and "skin", the UV sets were also named in this manner, this automatically gives me a different name for the bake, doesn't it? I can bake the separate UV sets and groups just fine, The only issue is I can only seem to store one bake setting per 3d coat file.

I'm not really sure where else I would need to specify a name?