3DCoat Forums

2024 Feature requests wishlist

Andrew Shpagin

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, AbnRanger said:

这些类型的广泛概括无法帮助任何人。它们无法帮助开发人员知道您认为哪里出了问题……具体来说。请给出您认为有问题的具体例子。也许社区中的其他人会确认这一点,然后开发人员就会知道它值得解决。布局设计与 Photoshop 非常相似,因此不会改变。拥有不同的工作空间并没有什么问题,因为 3DCoat 不仅仅专注于一项任务,而是专注于多项任务,因此在一个位置拥有工作室流程一个阶段的所有工具,在另一个位置拥有另一组工具,这在我看来并不不直观。观点。

然而,过去几年我一直要求的一项改进是,重拓扑/建模和绘制网格应该合并/统一,这样它们就不再是单独的对象。这样,UV 工具就全部位于一处。是的,我同意,现在的情况给新用户带来了困惑。

Let me give you my suggestion,
There are a lot of (voxel, clay, surface) brushes now, especially voxel brushes. I have reduced all the brushes to less than 10, which is much simpler. I have given the most important brushes and hidden the others, which is actually a more user-friendly and confident performance. Similar to Blender, which is more concise than Max and Maya, so users have turned to many simple and effective brushes, removing repetitive brushes, which should be one of the ways to improve the interface and be effective.in china  In short,大道至简

147002791625461405.JPEG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Advanced Member
6 hours ago, zf3d said:

Let me give you my suggestion,
There are a lot of (voxel, clay, surface) brushes now, especially voxel brushes. I have reduced all the brushes to less than 10, which is much simpler. I have given the most important brushes and hidden the others, which is actually a more user-friendly and confident performance. Similar to Blender, which is more concise than Max and Maya, so users have turned to many simple and effective brushes, removing repetitive brushes, which should be one of the ways to improve the interface and be effective.in china  In short,大道至简

Exactly what I think and what I did.

In my opinion there is still too much redundancy and overlapping of concepts and commands, as well as brushes.
I agree, some rooms are well separated, but others should stick together: sculpt, retopo, modeling (and partly paint).
((I appreciate the effort, but the gesture is faster than the voice. The voice is tiring to pull out every second, I want to be silent when I work.))
To sculpt, the controls must be few and easily accessible.
For 90% of the sculpting work it is enough to have excellent brushes: ''standard'', clay, crease, pinch, grab, flatten, inflate. In addition to masking/hiding/cutting tools based on various shapes: circle, box, line, etc. Other things are rarely needed.
Luckily in 3DCoat already has these excellent brushes and it is not very problematic to customize these things.
Editing, cutting, masking, hiding brushes can all be greatly improved and better integrated with other brushes.

In Sculptris, an old sculpting program, it was possible to globally decrease the number of triangles of a mesh.
The algorithm selected triangles start from the densest parts of the mesh. Often using this command, with awareness, you could have a model with good resolution and detail but with fewer polygons. It’s hard to explain, but it worked.

Edited by rubeos

• Advanced Member

I have received two suggestions from students, which I believe are easier to implement
Add a set of shortcut key presets for zbrush to facilitate the transition of zbrush users to 3dcoat, mainly by manipulating viewpoints and switching bump brushes by pressing alt instead of ctrl
A tool for adding object boundary measurement boxes is useful for printing, carving, and other work

HWOT(TP@U4Z2Y1EKV7EX4)R_tmb.thumb.png.d59e43022c4b3e37723d9d5a30731af7.png

• Like 1

• Carlosan changed the title to 2024 Feature requests wishlist