3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Inner shell / outer shell baking issues

Upon Infinity

I accidentally posted this in the wrong section.  Reposting here.

Hi,

What's the best way to fix the inner shell issues that leave black patches on your model in the paint room after baking?  I've tried making those areas higher poly density as well as adjusting the inner shell distance but it seems to be quite common on very detailed models.  Advice?

post-38115-0-30094000-1424028566_thumb.j

Yes, normally this works with lower detailed models.  However, with higher detailed models, I seem to get to a point where I can eliminate most of them but not all, and then any further increases to distance actually starts increasing the problem.  I was just curious if there are any good workarounds for this.  Or, if there is a good high poly workflow video I can get some hints from.  It's quite frustrating and I've already spent hours on it.

• Reputable Contributor

If you can share your model for others to look at that would be helpful as we can examine the file as well... You can pm me a link to download the file if you can not share the file on this thread.

You can use spheres of influences on the trouble areas... Go inward so far then use the spheres of influence. This avoids the problem of setting the inner or outer cage too far to cover all areas...

The use of this function is in the below tutorial by AnbRanger...

Edited by digman