3DCoat Forums

Looking for Info/Tutorials on Creating UV Maps?

Paint Guy

• Advanced Member

1. I hear it is easy to use and create a UV map's in 3D Coat, but I cannot find any information or tutorials showing how to do it in simple steps. Please Help! Can I import my mesh and then create a UV map in 3D coat? And if so are there any other tutorials explaining this other than the "Penguin" UV tutorial which I found a little hard to follow.

2. Also I want to know if 3Dcoat can unwrap multiple objects. Can I import a model with different parts and then create a UV map of all items?

3.Is there a .pdf manual or something for 3DCoat?

• Advanced Member

Thanks Andrew, but when I try and download the file (below) from the link it times out. Does 3D coat come with any documentation like a .pdf file or is the Penguin video tutorial the only documentation that explains how to Unwrap and object? :) Keep up the great work on this application!

I was inspired by geo_n's penguin to make tutorial - how to use unwrap tool. You can download it there -

http://207.44.140.6/~dcoat/Tutorials/UnwrapTool.rar

I was inspired by geo_n's penguin to make tutorial - how to use unwrap tool. You can download it there -

http://207.44.140.6/~dcoat/Tutorials/UnwrapTool.rar

I'm interested in your tutorial but the link seem not work here (time out)!!!

I want to understand how to correct map a mesh with different program (UVmapper, Roadkill, Blender, the demo of Unfold3D and 3DCoat of course), and at least against the "free" software 3DCoat is probably the easier to use. With some little correction can be one of the best.

Ciao

Luca