3DCoat Forums

Can you paint away/delete stray edge seams with the brush?

RobH2

Go to solution Solved by PolyHertz,

I have a model of a vertebrae from a CT scan and it's all tris. When I box map it in Max I get a lot of stray islands and edge seams. I want to clean the islands up but am having to CTRL click Edge Loops one-by-one on a very dense model an it's taking hours. Is there a way to just drag the brush over a bunch or lasso select a bunch of seams and remove them? I can't see to get any functionality like that.

I know I could just remove everything and start over but there might be situations where that's not the best workflow. I'm interested in finding a way to remove the seams not only for this model for for future models.

post-4618-0-74742000-1436717693_thumb.jp

Edited by RobH2

Yes, of course. But that clears everything. I don't want to clear it all, I just want a faster way to clean out strays like you see in my attachment. I want to keep the large islands and remove all the little lingering pieces without doing it edge-by-edge for 1000 edges.

Hmmm, didn't realize you could 'grow' a selection. This is an interesting suggestion which I'll try. Just looking to speed up my workflow and people usually have tricks that aren't obvious. 'Growing' a selection is common in Max, I just never realized that I could do it in 3DC. Sometimes we can't see the forest for the trees....Thanks.