3DCoat Forums

Delete object from paint room

barkest

Go to solution Solved by digman,

If I use Layers > Erase Unfrozen or fn + backspace on my macbook then I end up with an odd invisible object and when I then remake the texture editor shows moving transparent windows.

Bit confused with the process of bake > paint but then re-bake if needed.

thanks 

Edited by barkest

• Reputable Contributor

First, Always good to post your version of 3DC... 

1. Delete the model under the Paint Objects tab. shown in picture. The materials associated with this model will be deleted as well.

Do this first and then your paint layers delete quickly...

2. Delete the unused layers in the paint room. shown in picture... It is the "X" icon.

3. If all the layers are not removed then manually remove them. If you can not delete the curvature layer, no problem it will not effect the new baking...

Just re-calculate the map when needed under the Textures menu...

Now re-bake from the retopo room.

Remember, Never, never work on Layer "0" it is reserved for 3DC... It is not locked.

post-518-0-04695500-1447084047_thumb.jpg

post-518-0-47642200-1447084057_thumb.jpg

Edited by digman
  • Like 1

thank you for the reply.

the re-calculate map under the textures menu - not sure where that is under the texture menu (there are a few options I could chose)  and what it does as I am already re-baking in the retopo room?

3DC 4.5.19

Edited by barkest

• Reputable Contributor
  • Solution

Windows Beta version. 4.5.21

When using a PBR smart material you need a curvature map for the material to be applied properly plus sometimes a AO map.

If you choose a smart material and their is no curvature map, then 3DC will automatically create one. If one is there but not calculated for your model then you would need to re-calculate the curvature map...

Textures Menu / Calculate Curvature. (second to last one in the list of choices under the texture menu.

Also some smart materials need a AO map... 3DC will tell you if you need it for that material plus giving you the option for creating one. 

I leave my creating of the AO map after baking from the retopo room to the paint room. Not everytime but a lot. You have more controls at your fingertips. It too is under the textures windows

Edited by digman
  • Like 1