3DCoat Forums

Uploading to SketchFab from 3D Coat

sazberryftw

Go to solution Solved by sazberryftw,

Hi guys,

I'm a little confused about how to upload my model from 3D Coat directly to SketchFab (I'm overall confused on how to upload to SketchFab to be honest).

When I click upload mesh to sketch fab in 3D Coat, it seems to just upload a screenshot? I want it to take my model and make a turnable with all my PBR info from 3D Coat.

Thanks in advance!

Sarah

P.S. Looove the website overhaul! Very much needed it!

• Reputable Contributor

Confirmed...  3DC beta version 4.5.25 64 bit non-cuda--- Windows 7 64 bit...

Even if I am logged in to Sketchfab before uploading from 3DC, it just uploads a screenshot to 3DC's server as shown in the picture.

@Sazberryftw, I would send a report to 3DC's support referencing this thread.

Till it is fixed in 3DC:

If you have a sketchfab account it is easy to do a manual upload of the model and materials.

After exporting from 3DC the model and textures under the file menu,(export objects and textures) create a zip file that has the obj model, mtl file and textures. Of course you do not have to use the obj file format.

Now at sketchfab upload the zip file and SketchFab will do the rest for you.

I think what you mean by turnable is not a turntable animation but able to spin the model around at sketchfab...

post-518-0-37835200-1450663156_thumb.jpg

Edited by digman

• Solution

Till it is fixed in 3DC:

If you have a sketchfab account it is easy to do a manual upload of the model and materials.

After exporting from 3DC the model and textures under the file menu,(export objects and textures) create a zip file that has the obj model, mtl file and textures. Of course you do not have to use the obj file format.

Now at sketchfab upload the zip file and SketchFab will do the rest for you.

I think what you mean by turnable is not a turntable animation but able to spin the model around at sketchfab...

Thank you for the reply.

I will just upload manually to Sketchfab for now. :) After asking a friend, I was told you apply the textures after you've uploaded your model and put in the details so I have a better understanding.