3DCoat Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sazberryftw

Grouping layers like in Photoshop

Hi,

As the title says - can I group layers like in Photoshop (in the paint room)? I tried to make a 'folder' but you can't seem to drag layers into it?

Thanks

Sarah

Edited by sazberryftw

It can be a little tricky at times moving layers to a group but after a little practice you get the hang of it.

First click on the layer.

Make sure your cursor is in this location, shown in attached image.

When moving the layer, I found that putting the layer name just a tiny bit below the group name that it goes into the group nearly all the time. That seems to be the sweet spot for dropping the layer into a group. 

post-518-0-47558400-1452457088_thumb.jpg

Edited by digman
  • Like 1

It can be a little tricky at times moving layers to a group but after a little practice you get the hang of it.

First click on the layer.

Make sure your cursor is in this location, shown in attached image.

When moving the layer, I found that putting the layer name just a tiny bit below the group name that it goes into the group nearly all the time. That seems to be the sweet spot for dropping the layer into a group. 

Ahh sweet thank you. I tried doing this but was obviously dropping the layer too high up! Hopefully this fiddly feature will be ironed out in the future. Also would be nice to be renamed as 'Group' instead of 'ADD_LAYERS_FOLDER'. :)