3DCoat Forums

Paint Room - Mouse is clicking other windows as I paint

sazberryftw

Go to solution Solved by digman,

Hey,

I'm having this issue where when I'm painting if I drag out over another window (like the brushes tab, or any other tab in the same window)  it'll interact with it. I never used to have this issue unless I used the Maya camera mode, which I'm not using (I'm using default 3DCoat camera settings). I'm also getting lag and slow responses that I haven't had since I bought the software.

EDIT: I have a new very weird problem - I can no longer paint roughness? It literally just stopped letting me paint any roughness info! I tried restarting the program and I tried on a different, new project, same issue.

Thanks

Sarah

Edited by sazberryftw

Please post your 3DC version. 

A video of these problems would be very helpful in this case. Do you have a screen recorder,if not there are several free screen recorders that will do the job.

It is being all sorts of crazy! Just opened it again to do this for you and it had changed my background gradient! >.< After restarting my laptop, roughness seems to be working again (and this is when it changed my background).

Here is a video of the first issue I explained. I am holding the brush down throughout the video when I'm moving it from the texture editor to the other windows etc:

https://vid.me/WX0d

As mentioned, I only noticed this issue previously when I tried Maya camera mode.

• Reputable Contributor

First Issue. Default 3DC navigation setup.

I get the same effect here but I do not think it is a bug... When your are holding down the mouse button, your are forcing 3DC to focus plus to try to select a tab or tool in a way it was not intended to do so. Also when you hold down the mouse button you can tear off panels to place them where you want in the interface.

I never noticed the effect because I release my mouse button when navigating to select another brush, tool, tab or panel etc...

Are you still getting lag too.

Edited by digman

First Issue. Default 3DC navigation setup.

I get the same effect here but I do not think it is a bug... When your are holding down the mouse button, your are forcing 3DC to focus plus to try to select a tab or tool in a way it was not intended to do so. Also when you hold down the mouse button you can tear off panels to place them where you want in the interface.

I never noticed the effect because I release my mouse button when navigating to select another brush, tool, tab or panel etc...

Are you still getting lag too.

I am not trying to select another tab etc, I'm trying to paint but if my mouse leaves the window (this naturally happens if you're doing lines) it'll flick about and do this. I don't understand why once I click on the texture editor or my model, I can still touch other features like tabs and options. I would expect my "click area" to be bound to the texture editor or my model. The issue is I don't want to be able to interact with all the tabs and options if I clicked on my texture editor originally.

Yes, I am getting lag here and there, but I think this is related to my laptop and not the software. I have noticed a change in the performance since I restarted and only ran 3DCoat.

• Reputable Contributor
  • Solution

Sorry for misunderstanding and yes I did understand that you were not trying to select a tab etc but the line painting part I failed to understand.

You can zoom the texture editor uv area in and out by holding down the right mouse button to prevent you from going over to other areas of 3DC Coat. If you need more texture editor room, move the texture editor to the main 3DC interface and enlarge it. 

I fill very cramp when it is docked myself, like painting on a small piece of paper though not everyone feels that cramped feeling as I do.

I setup a hotkey for the Texture Editor. It also can be access under the Textures menu as well.

Hope the above helps some.

post-518-0-37277200-1452547255_thumb.jpg

Edited by digman

Sorry for misunderstanding and yes I did understand that you were not trying to select a tab etc but the line painting part I failed to understand.

You can zoom the texture editor uv area in and out by holding down the right mouse button to prevent you from going over to other areas of 3DC Coat. If you need more texture editor room, move the texture editor to the main 3DC interface and enlarge it. 

I fill very cramp when it is docked myself, like painting on a small piece of paper though not everyone feels that cramped feeling as I do.

I setup a hotkey for the Texture Editor. It also can be access under the Textures menu as well.

Hope the above helps some.

Yeah I guess I'll try this out and see if it gives me less fiddly issues. By drawing lines I mean I tend to flick past the texture window when drawing straight lines especially, so when it hits all the tabs above or below it, it can be super annoying.

Thanks for the help. I think 3DC had a total breakdown earlier too (with the roughness not working) as after I did that reboot, all my settings have gone back to default (noticeably my hotkeys and background). So not sure what went wrong there!

Thanks again.