3DCoat Forums

Change Front of object to render

maldak14

Go to solution Solved by digman,

Hi,  I'm new to 3DCoat and have a quick question.

Is there a way to reposition a model when going to render ?  I think I brought the model in on the wrong axis - and

what I thought was the front of the model comes up as the side of the model.  Would I be able to

just reposition the model the intended front actually becomes the front?

Thanks

Tom

• Reputable Contributor

Keyboard keypad--- Press "7" for Top View...  You could do this really from the x or z axis as well as long a you rotate along the "Y" axis.

Select Transform tool (left tool bar)

Select in the pop up panel --- Rotate "Y"

Type in your degrees of rotation. 

Done.

post-518-0-40962700-1452724170_thumb.jpg

Edited by digman

Hi again,

I did try this in the Retopo room - but my tools window looks a bit different than yours.  When I do rotate I enter 90 degrees and press OK.  I don't see any changes

there - then I go to the render room and nothing as changed.  I have to be doing something wrong - any idea?

post-40017-0-52229800-1452736655_thumb.j

• Reputable Contributor
  • Solution

My answer was for the sculpt room.

A little tired today, first thing I should have asked is "which room you imported your model into" I had assumed you were in the sculpt room with an object you had imported but sculpted on and now desired to render...

Transforming in the retopo room is only for your retopo mesh, not the sculpt model or imported model into the paint room. 

To transform an object in the paint room, you must switch to the Tweak room. The gizmo works different there and has no input by degrees. 

It would be as easy to change the axis direction in another 3D modeling package as well.

Old video 9 ( 4 years) for rotating models that were imported into the paint room but it shows you how it is done and still applies. Sculpt next to Paint was change to Tweak.

Go to 1:13 in the video to see how.

We have been asking the 3DC developers to make the Tweak Room transform tool to be the same as the rest of the interface. 

Hopefully this gets you what you need... LOL and I answered again without knowing for sure how you imported your model...

Edited by digman

Thanks again,

I brought this in through Paint UV merged Mesh - Per Pixel.  When I go to the sculpt room there

is nothing there - but I see it in all other rooms.  I see how easy it is to rotate - it's just that there's nothing there.

I also tried in the tweak room - and moved everything but it seems no way to make it a universal change.

I tried baking different ways - and the per pixel gives a warning that there is no model.

Thanks again for all the help too -

Tom