3DCoat Forums

Brush Question

Sable0411

Go to solution Solved by digman,

I've finally gotten to the texturing stage of my first model *which, the topology isn't great, but for this first model that will be fine* but... 3D Coat is starting to act a bit bizarre.  For awhile, it refused to change alphas, it was locked on some weird... star thing, and no matter what I did it stayed on it.  That just corrected itself for no discernible reason, but the brush itself is still acting weird.  Primarily, the pressure indicator is now upside down.  I haven't seen anyway to restore brush settings to factory defaults, so if anyone can aid with that, it would be much appreciated.

• Reputable Contributor
  • Solution

First problem with the star alpha could have been related to this problem the user had in another thread. You had selected the Strips star alpha.

http://3dcoat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=18775

The pressure indicator, not sure what is happening there. The only thing I know to do for now is check under the brush options panel, check the "Depth Modulator".

If it is a minus number your pressure indicator inside the yellow ring will be inverted.

Edited by digman

I might have misunderstood what you meant by pressure indicator, could you please explain further...

Well... I might have simply used the wrong word, but the kind of red curve that is visible to indicate the strength of the brush.  That was upside down, for whatever reason.  And definitely still is.  When I increase the strength, it flips back to the right side, but then it promptly turns back around.  It isn't affecting my work honestly, but it is something of a graphical error of some kind in the interface.

As far as the other thing, that probably was it, but I must of hit the right thing to shut it off as I can now switch between brushes without any problems.