3DCoat Forums

Can't bake.

• Advanced Member

v4.5.19

Hey, so this isn't technically urgent SOS or anything, but it would be if I had waited until later to do a bake. As fortune has it, I wanted to test how my handles would come out, but instead I'm running into some major weirdness. Here's the video (no audio)

I don't know if it's related or not, but I swear that a few days ago I loaded up this file, and where I was previously using symmetry on the X, I now needed to use symmetry on the Y, sort of like the world/all my objects+retopo had somehow rotated. I didn't think much of it, as I was still able to work, but the fact that my baked mesh is coming in completely offset and rotated, leaves me thinking the two are connected.

AHH!

Okay, I just stripped out the other geometry as I was planning to upload the file, but now my X axis is back to where it used to be, and the bake is working fine. This is only a minor victory though, since I had to delete most of my layers in the sculpt room for this to return back to normal. If I load up my file with all my work in it, it's still wrong. I'm going to keep digging around, but here's the weirdness summed up:

- World or Objects seem to have been rotated, so what was previously X is now Y

- Baking to per-pixel doesn't work (maybe because of the point above)

• Reputable Contributor

Double post!

Okay I just loaded my previous file again, and everything is 100% completely fine. The X is back to where it was, I have all my objects/layers, the bake works fine.

So this is most definitely not urgent SOS. But it sure is weird.

Yeah. I've had some strange behavior here and there, as well. Had to restart the app or delete all the config (.xml) files in the MyDocs/3D Coat directory, to get things working right again.