3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Smart Materials flat ?

dimedius

I'm not sure what it is called but I was using the smart materials, getting some secsi results.

I go back over some areas and everything is being flat. No details, more or less just a gradient color. Take the cartoon wood, supposed to look like bark etc but now is just a color. Is there a shortcut where I disabled something in the rendering window? How would I get the smart material effects back?

This is not related to the 2 button being pressed. The albedo map shows up without the spit and shine of the smart materials.

I'll try to explain better. It still looks like shiny smart material shine/colors but let's take old metal for an example. When you apply it, it shows all kinds of details and makes it pop. After some time last night, the materials don't show these details, it does do a sort of shiny solid color or gradient but is not albedo flat.

Edited by dimedius

1 hour ago, Carlosan said:

The 3 icons to paint Color/Spec/Normal channels are activated ?

They are.

Here is an update, this is what the issue sort of looks like:yvKCXjE.png

Green shows the texturing I made earlier and red is what is showing now when I use the brush.

Its working fine now after the system has been off for a day, but I had closed the program last night to see if the refresh will do but it didn't change. Now its magically working. Still, any ideas what could do that? Programs running too long or something?

14 hours ago, Carlosan said:

Do you have any model in sculpt room but

Paint Room > View > Show voxels in paint room is = on ?

try switching this command = off

Well this option is ticked but like I said the issue is no longer present. I did untick but did not see a change (good or bad). I'm starting to think this was an anomaly. Thanks for the update, regardless.

We can consider this topic closed as of now.

Edited by dimedius