3DCoat Forums

cellulite smoothing?

Geika

Hello all

I'm loosing my hair on a problem that is very disturbing for me:

When I smooth something in surface mode I've got cellulite like structure under my brush that stays after.

The aspect is really ugly. 3D coat is a really nice soft, but that smooth tool destroy all.

I've tried to change the "shift action" and shift+ctrl on all the possibilities, and never find something satisfying.

The best combination i've found is the "anti bump" and "powerfull smooth" but the powerfull smooth tool is reducing the number of triangles, and the smoothing rapidly loosing in efficacity and redo cellulite.

When sculpting with a tool in tool option I push the detail to 4 or 5 in order to make sufficient detail in the wireframe, so this is not that option which is the problem

Is there a way for the smooth tool to not degrade the wireframe structure localy when smoothing?

Switching beetween powerfull smooth, anti bump and add details or extra details, isn't practical at all....

How you guys do you do?

When watching videos on youtube, it seems that a lot of users have that problem, but don't mind... I can't

Edited by Geika

• 4 weeks later...

can you share a pic of your model ?

Use the Smooth all tool entering suface mode. Select tangent smoothing and set your smoothing degree, test different smoothing degrees to see what is the one that works best for your model. 

In the top menu for your shift key control, choose relax, now when you smooth, you can hold down the shift key and relax the mesh, then keep smoothing.

• 9 months later...
On 12/19/2016 at 5:22 AM, Carlosan said:

Select tangent smoothing and set your smoothing degree, test different smoothing degrees

can you tell us where to find this smoothing degree selector inside Live clay tools->Tangent smooth? i see Tangent checkmark only. and a smoothness indicator. but smoothing degree selector is nowhere to be found.