3DCoat Forums

Texture Painting

MirkoH

HellO everyone,

I have a very basic question for which i did not find an answer in the help file of 3dcoat (I suppose I was just kind of blind to be not able to find it ;-) ).

Which color do I need to use to be able to paint a MaterialTexture (photo of a human head) onto a 3D model? When I use a white color, the texture is way oversaturated. When I use a black color it is much to dark. A mid grey of 128|128|128 seems to be not perfect either :-(

Can anyone give me a hint where to find the answer?

Thank you.

Mirko

Which color do I need to use to be ableto paint a MaterialTexture (photo of a human head) onto a 3D model? When I use a white color, the texture is way oversaturated. When I use a black color it is much to dark. A mid grey of 128|218|128 seems to be not perfect either :-(

Try right-clicking on the color picker (two rectangles) in the lower right. You'll see a "no" circle and slash appear over it, then the material will paint the color correctly. BTW you may wish to check the spelling in your greeting.

Try right-clicking on the color picker (two rectangles) in the lower right. You'll see a "no" circle and slash appear over it, then the material will paint the color correctly. BTW you may wish to check the spelling in your greeting.

Thank you very much! :-)

Spelling? - oh yeah. English is not my mother language and I tend to do spelling mistakes quite often. I am sorry! :huh:

Thank you very much! :-)

Spelling? - oh yeah. English is not my mother language and I tend to do spelling mistakes quite often. I am sorry! :huh:

No prob.

I don't mind spelling, a lot of people on here are not native English speakers. I just thought Hello is a better greeting than Hell (the place where bad people go when they die). :)

No prob.

I don't mind spelling, a lot of people on here are not native English speakers. I just thought Hello is a better greeting than Hell (the place where bad people go when they die). :)

OOOOOOPPPPS!!! You are RIGHT!!! :o

I didn't notice that! What a shame ... :unsure:

Of course it was ment to be "hello" not "hell"!!!

(I have edited my initial post now)