3DCoat Forums

Scaling the edge effects on smart materials.

Gwyvern

Heya all, I'm still pretty new to 3D coat so I'm still learning the ins and outs. Scaling smart materials is easy using the magnifying glass in the little tool bar, but the scruffy edge effects (which Id like to keep for the current material I'm using) Need to be smaller, here's an example.

1ae4ddaad95c44d8a18792177e53279a.png

Conditions

PBR Conditions

Conditions can be accessed by clicking the icon next to the Condition Mask layer (and next to Degree), this gives even more access to various ways to apply your material layer. These conditions are:

• Always. Applies to every pixel of the layer.
  • More on Concave. Applies to areas that are more concave, and lets you fill crevices.
  • More on  Covex. Applies to areas that are more convex, applying the material to more rounded external surfaces.
  • Less on Concave. Similar to More on Concave, but applies in the opposite form by allowing a little less in concave areas and a little more on convex.
  • Less on Convex. Similar to More on Convex, but applies in the opposite form by allowing a little less on convex areas and a little more in concave.
  • More on Flat. Applies only to flatter surfaces.
  • More on  Curve. Applies only to more curved surfaces.
  • More on Lit. Applies to areas that are well lit, uses an Ambient Occlusion map to determine placement.
  • More on Shadow. Similar to More on Lit, but applies to the darker areas of an Ambient Occlusion map.
  • More on Top. Applies only to the upper areas of the surface.
  • More on  Bottom. Applies only to the bottom areas of the surface.
  • More on Sides. Applies only on the sides of the surface.