3DCoat Forums

Retopo to Paint Room after changes

houGenie

• Advanced Member

Hi,

working with 3D Coat and having  a question. Say I want to change some baking parameters from retopo room and rebake the maps, for example the resolution of the maps. Then unfortunately the old maps/ meshes are overriden, so paintings in paint room get lost.

In retopo room there is a command Bake -> Update Paint Mesh with Retopo Mesh, which seems the right thing, but when executed I get some really weird display errors in the paint room. With weird I mean artifacts and such, especially the normal map looks really weird. Is this the wrong command, is there an alternative ?

• Advanced Member

Fantastic video, thank you very much! There were some nice things which were still open to me and are now solved.

But one thing remains open. How do you create assets for unity AND unreal at the same time? Because unity uses another tangent space than unreal you must select a different "Normal Map Software Preset" when baking. So a normal map created for unity can not be used for unreal. This means, you must rebake and then the paint work gets lost. Is there a solution to this Carlosan? Of course the solution could be, that when you export the maps and select another Normal Map Software Preset in the export dialog, then 3D Coat recalculates.