3DCoat Forums

update smart material

houGenie

• Advanced Member

hi,

currently I am working with smart materials. I wanted to change a smart material I already have applied (e.g. some opacity changes in the layers of the smart material). After the material changes I use "Refill Material". Now the problem is, that the layer is filled with the material, but the position and scaling of the texture is different from the original. Is there a possiblity to update a smart material and make sure that the texture is placed the same way ? Have tried Mtl. History and it is the same.

Any suggestions ? Thank you!

Edited by houGenie

Sorry cant replicate.

After the material changes I use "Refill Material".

The layer is filled with the material, and the position and scaling of the texture is not different from the original.

Try testing with any default paint mesh -as sphere- to check out.

Are you using latest version ?

• Advanced Member
11 hours ago, Carlosan said:

Sorry cant replicate.

After the material changes I use "Refill Material".

The layer is filled with the material, and the position and scaling of the texture is not different from the original.

Try testing with any default paint mesh -as sphere- to check out.

Are you using latest version ?

Yes I am using the newest version. With simple sphere it works like expected. It even works with my model, if I fill the texture again and at the same moment reposition it to my liking, and then changing the smart material it works with "Refill Material". But it does not work in the current state of my mesh, means, if I change the material and make a "Refill Material" then it retains not the position. So it works, if i reposition first. Seems like the mesh is in a strange state. Really strange.