3DCoat Forums

Cant figure out how to export the Maps I need the correct way

Kursonis

I am trying to make skins for a game called Rust. This game requires 5 maps to import to make the skins look just like they did in 3D-Coat.  I love this program so much, however, I cannot figure out why my maps do not look anything like they do in the 3D-Coat program. The game requires the maps be exported as .PNG. The required maps are as follows: Diffuse, Normal, Specular/Gloss, Occlusion, and if you want it, Emission..... Below is reference picture from in game as to what must be imported:

image.thumb.png.42e9a1ce5ff35446c94d78bea6013430.pngimage.thumb.png.ebad01589fbd472d89de9cac038cdd40.png

ABOVE is how my mask looks in 3D-Coat. It is very basic, but I left it that way, because I am simply trying to test how to get it to show up in game just like that. However, half my maps like listed above show dull and or half of them are blank. I dont understand, as I am clearly selecting the proper texture maps to export as is required in the game, but apparently they are not the right ones. I beg of you for help. 

image.thumb.png.ef3d07ce2271994cba793513713548c3.png

Here the mask looks almost like how I have it in 3D-Coat, but I honestly still don't understand why my Diffuse, Normal, and Spec/Gloss maps that are circled in red don't look like normal maps should. The Normal turned out all grey. The Diffuse doesn't even have color in it, but it should? Also, the Spec has all the color, but is shouldn't have color should it? I am still so new. Send me pics of what you think is best way for me to export the files I need in .PNG, so I can get the best affect out of my skins in game. THANK YOU!

Lastly, I cant figure out since I have Metal, and roughness in my objects, How do I export those since I am only allowed to import Gloss/Spec map? Is there a way to get the metal/roughness to show in that map or any other map? 

• Like 1

• 5 years later...