3DCoat Forums
ScrotieFlapWack

Grids & Guides

Hi,

I am trying to learn how to leverage the grid options inside of 3DCoat in order to make really precise and straight cuts on my objects. I've been messing around with the 2D grid along with the work planes but I can't seem to figure out how to use them properly. The 2D grid is very strange because when I zoom in and out in the viewport the grid is fixed and doesn't seem to scale accordingly (which is a nightmare because it takes ages to get it placed properly).

How can the grids be used in a proper workflow specifically a workflow that involves the cut off tool and want to cut precise, straight lines.

Thanks!

To zoom in and out in the viewport and kepp the grid to scale accordingly dont use 2d grid but 3dgrid.

3dGrid.jpg

• Thanks 1

How did you adjust the size of the 3D grid? Can you also have subdivisions within the 3D grid as well?

View > Grid Density > Customize Grid

The switch to View > Grid Density > Custom

View > Snap to 3D Grid

For some reason my grid doesn't update in realtime. When I make changes I have to hide then show the grid again to view the changes I've made (even when displaying the XY, YZ, etc workplanes)

:huh:

Are you using latest version and your graphic drivers are uptodate ?

Yep my graphics drivers are up to date and I'm using the Steam version which as far as I'm aware is up to date