3DCoat Forums

[Solved] 3DCoat merges separate objects in FBX together on import

LudvikKoutny

Hi,

I am having a huge issue when trying to import FBX file from Blender for texture painting in 3D coat. I have about 10 separate objects in Blender, all of them already properly UV mapped, and I need to get them into 3D Coat. When I import FBX file into 3D Coat, I get an error about square of the UV set being too big, and once I import, all the objects get attached into one with overlapping UVs, which is ridiculous. This is definitely not an error on the side of Blender's FBX exporter, because the FBX imports into 3ds Max just fine, even with correct hierarchy preserved. 

I need a good and simple workflow to bring an asset composed of multiple separate objects, each of them with their own UVs into 3D coat without merging it all together.

Thanks.

Hi

In Blender assign one material by object: 10 separate objects, every one must have their own material.

Export as fbx

At import, switch on the option Treat materials as separate textures.

Check windows > Paint objects and Surface materials

UVroom, check if there is one uv-set by object.

Hope this help.

Treat.jpg

cubeconesphere.blend

• Like 1

Yes. thank you, I already figured it out myself, just few moments ago. Quite obscure setting. Perhaps should be disabled by default. The problem of 3Dcoat in general is that there is growing amount of settings scattered around the UI almost randomly, without any categorization, so it's easy to miss things :)

• Like 1

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] 3DCoat merges separate objects in FBX together on import