3DCoat Forums

pen rotation support?

nobackup

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member
11 hours ago, AbnRanger said:

Sure, you can. Just set one level to 9 and the other to 0. Good idea. I hadn't thought to do that, but it's a good idea. The Intuos Pro has a middle button that would let you toggle between that and the brush scale.

Sorry for my dumbness....what do you mean by 'one level to 9 and the other to 0'?   What are you setting?    Thanks for the reply!

• Reputable Contributor
3 hours ago, nobackup said:

Sorry for my dumbness....what do you mean by 'one level to 9 and the other to 0'?   What are you setting?    Thanks for the reply!

I don't think you can use your stylus, but you can set your touch ring to rotate like so. And there is an option in the BRUSH OPTIONS panel to check, for ROTATE ALONG CURVE. May not be exactly what you want, but that's what is currently available, AFAIK.

Wacom setting.jpg

• Advanced Member

ah I see.  It's a good idea - unfortunately I don't have a touch ring on my cintiq.  I wonder if the touchstrip could be mapped like this.  

*edit*  yep, it can be mapped to the touchstrip, but it rotates so slowly as to be pretty useless. 

Oh well, perhaps Andrew will look at adding rotational stylus support in a future update. 

Edited by nobackup