3DCoat Forums

Some area in normal map are too bright

Erza86

Hello 3DCoat Master,

some area in normal map are too bright, i change the number of baking menu and try it all
but still same, if i just ignore this, the color of poly around the mouth, ear and tip finger (image only head) will have a brighter color
on the texture editor with color map it show the area around the mouth way to bright
did i make a mistake when working on retopo or something else?

thank you

as14.jpg

i'm sorry to add another question but this is important, is it a bug when i bake the normal map even with accurate symmetry and the result is not symmetrical, the normal map usually have unrepairable dept even i fix it with height adjustment tool, just like the image the left lip paint result is more jagged than the right side lip, even in sclupt room and retopo both are symmertrical

ask15.png

Edited by Erza86

• Contributor

The normal map is not responsible for the brightness but rather the way it is lighted.  Use the lighting control tools on the menu bar.  Is "Show voxels" in Paint room unchecked? If it is then your object should be deleted  (Window>Paint Objects menu) because  any bake that needs to be corrected must be repaired in retopo and rebaked.

• Thanks 1