3DCoat Forums

NEED HELP

milachristensen

Hi, Could someone let me know how to have this Text that is on my Smooth Shaded view back to the way it use to be please. I just installed the latest Professional version and now everything has this glossy text that just prevents me from seeing the real gloss finish. Very hard to distinguish the surfaces when I start applying anything with depth and height.

This screenshot shows how everything loads and has this russian text all over it. The default base model colour is extrenely darker that I recall also. How do I adjust this stuff please.

image.thumb.png.75f78d29dcbe90cd79638de40f21622d.pngimage.thumb.png.3408e8f85ab53f354f3de34e6482da3e.png

Thank you Carlosan. Yeah, I had it selected and that was what it looked like. I must have lost the default HDR in the re-install process. As I loaded one of my Daz3d ones (Orestes Sunny Skies), and now the lighting is all back to normal. I must have wiped out the default one some how. I haave no idea where to begin looking for the default one. But it's all good again. Thanks for the response.

The models are nice and gray again too! :)

image.thumb.png.4c24e75ecac60a7b5c83770ffe01aec6.png

I didn't even look there. Will give it a look. Thank you. Have an image series rendering atm. Will look at this again in the morning.

Thanks again Carlosan. That's probably all it was in the first place. I remember looking at all that a couple years back and kind of forgot how I had it set up.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/25/2018 at 9:23 PM, kevjon said:

Layers -> Import ( color,  roughness, metalness, depth).

On import it will allow you to select which uv map to import to.

hi and thank you

I import them but there is no textures displayed on the screen ..so to how to display them like picture and how to export again the final results

nobody understand me...please im newbie to 3d coat and i want to bake materials to texture(smart materials) ., and I found myself with a group of textures(color,  roughness, metalness ...) what should I do next ..i want only 1 texture with materials inside.. can someone please  explain to me step by step how to get that texture?

Not too familia with the import thing you have tried. But as long as it is for the same mesh, you should get a bunch of extra layers show up as I noticed when took that route. Until you find the correct way, you could just try this simple one to get the easy texture to export with your model. I found it extremely easy to just add the tiles (colour/normal/gloss, etc), to a new Smart Material (set to UV not cube etc) and paint the model with the fill brush. I lay caracter base textures the same way. Easy to add extra stuff too in your layers. Hope this helps a bit.

This guy has lots of cool tuts. You might find the exact thing here.

If you maybe go to tutorial 22 in the list.

Edited by TrevorD
Added URL